Nocatee had quite the year in 2015 and is already geared up for a bigger and better 2016! The well-received recognition earned Nocatee awards for “Master-Planned Community of the Year” in the southeast region, “Developer of the Year”, “Marketing Director of the Year”, and it is ranked third in the nation for top-selling master-planned community! Industry standards have been raised by Nocatee’s growth and amenities that contributed to such a successful year with plenty more to come.
Arguably, the most impressive things about Nocatee are the modern amenities throughout the community followed closely by the beautiful new neighborhoods, retail shops, and office buildings adorned with Florida charm. Expansion this year included:
- Cypress Park: Resident amenity center with clubhouse, playground, family pool, dog park, sports field, event lawn, and surrounding trails.
- Twenty Mile Park: Amenity center with family pool, Waggin’ Tails dog park, playground, event lawn, and athletic fields opening early this year.
- Greenway Trails: Extensive trail network that includes 2 major paths directly to the Town Center and other essential destinations, from several nearby communities. By summer, residents of Del Webb Ponte Vedra, Coastal Oaks, Cypress Trails, Brookwood, Kelly Pointe, The Palms, Twenty Mile, and The Villas will enjoy a scenic landscape during a convenient visit to the market.
- Fire Station 18: New ambulance-equipped fire station opened in May and lowered home insurance rates.
- Two New Faith-Based Facilities: Plans were unveiled for St. John Paul II Catholic Mission opening in the Spring, and Waypoint Church opening in September.
- New Communities: The Palms, Artisan Lakes, Siena and Addison Park.
- New Twenty Mile neighborhoods: Twenty Mile Village, The Crossing, The Pointe, and The Island.
- Town Center Growth: Big Fish Yoga, Coastal Wine Market, M Shack, Trompe L’oeil Salon, Verizon, The Loop, Pieology Pizzeria, Dunkin’ Donuts, UPS, and Gate.
- Town Plaza Offices: Two completed buildings filling up with businesses such as Edward Jones, Ponte Vedra Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, Ponte Vedra Plastic Surgery, Psych Ed Connection, and Brillium, Inc. with two more buildings underway to equal a total of 30,000 square feet.
- New Multi-Tenant Offices: International Management Company broke ground on this three story, 62,751 square foot building in October.
In addition to all these exciting new feats, Nocatee is trailblazing in the education department as well. St. John’s County confirmed plans for another K-8 school in the community to open for the 2017-18 school year. The planning process is still underway, but we should know the site location early this year with construction to begin in the spring.
For the little ones, The Learning Experience ® is getting a warm welcome from families in Nocatee with children 6 weeks to 5 years old. Their early education programs emphasize scholastic and social preparation.
…Great Education Options In Nocatee
Studies show children attending The Learning Experience ® are often literate prior to Kindergarten, using basic sign language, with social etiquette to support decision- making and self-confidence, which makes it one of the nation’s fastest growing academies. The innovative L.E.A.P. ® (Learning Experience Academic Program) curriculum teaches enriching academics and values to encourage generosity and selflessness in a well-rounded way. The Learning Experience will be open in the fall on the corner of Valley Ridge Boulevard and Greenleaf Drive.
Lastly, the previously mentioned Waypoint Church will also house Promisetown Preschool of Nocatee, focused on nurturing young children in a grace-centered environment, the preschool is expected to open in August.
Waypoint church will be the second congregation of Ponte Vedra Presbyterian Church (PVPC) and construction begins this month on the 20-acre campus. PVPC also houses a preschool with a solid reputation has earned over $3.5 million in congregation pledges to start Waypoint Church. The doors are set to open in September off Greenleaf Drive in western Nocatee.
Positively, Nocatee has been radiantly successful as shown by their record-breaking year with home sales 21 percent higher than the year before and selling out (or close to) several of the neighborhoods. Many new families are calling it home and the community is anticipated to welcome many more!